Recent professional awards Dr. Hare has received:
- The Canadian Psychological Association presented Dr. Hare with the 2015 CPA Gold Medal Award, to recoginize CPA's appreciation of his distinguished and enduring lifetime contributions to Canadian Psychology. The award ceremony took place at CPA's 76th Annual Convention, in Ottawa, ON, June 4, 2015.
- The Canadian Psychological Association Section on Criminal Justice Psychology presented Dr. Hare with the Don Andrews Career Contribution Award, to recognize Dr. Hare’s highly significant intellectual contribution to the area and his highly impactful leadership in the field over a period of more than 40 years. The award ceremony took place at CPA's 75th Annual Convention, in Vancouver, BC, June 5, 2014.
- The Center for the Advancement of Psychological Science and Law, University of British Columbia - Okanagan, recognized Dr. Hare for his Distinguished Lifetime Achievements as a Leader in Psychology and Law, and Outstanding Contributions to Forensic Psychology by having him as the Distinguished Inaugural Speaker for the official opening of their facility in Kelowna, BC, February 3, 2012.
- The Governor General of Canada presented Dr. Hare with the Order of Canada, one of Canada's highest civilian honours which recognizes a lifetime of outstanding achievement, dedication to community and service to the nation. The ceremony took place in Ottawa, ON, September 16, 2011.
- The British Columbia Psychological Association presented Dr. Hare with a Special Award in “Recognition of a Distinguished Career and Enduring Contributions to Psychology” at their first public BCPA Awards Dinner in Vancouver, BC, February, 2011.
- The Western Society of Criminology presented Dr. Hare with the Paul Tappan Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Field of Criminology at the annual conference in Vancouver, BC, February, 2011.
- The Canadian Psychological Association presented Dr. Hare with the CPA Donald O. Hebb Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology as a Science at the 71st Annual Convention in Winnipeg, MB, June, 2010.
- The Canadian Psychological Association presented Dr. Hare with the CPA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology at the 70th Annual Convention in Montréal, QC, June, 2009.
- The Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy awarded Dr. Hare the first Lifetime Achievement Award at the inaugural meeting of the Society in Vancouver, BC, July, 2005.
- The National Commission on Correctional Health Care presented Dr. Hare with the B. Jaye Anno Award of Excellence in Communication at the Annual meeting in Austin, Texas, October 6, 2003.
- The American Academy of Forensic Psychology 2001 Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology and the Law. Dr. Hare's award lecture, "Psychopathy and Its Implications: From Ivory Tower to Real World", was given at the American Psychological Association's 2001 Annual Convention in San Francisco, Saturday, August 25.
- The American Psychiatric Association / The American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 2001 Issac Ray Award for Outstanding Contributions to Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatric Jurisprudence.
- The Canadian Psychological Association's 2000 Award for Distinguished Contributions in the Application of Psychology.
- The Silver Medal of the Queen Sophia Center. Presented by the Queen Sophia Center for the Study of Violence, in Valencia, Spain, 1999.